About the role:
We’re looking for a Part-Time Acupuncturist passionate about women’s health and the integration of Eastern and Western Medicine for Tia’s Pasadena based clinical team. As a Tia Women’s Health acupuncturist you’ll be a key component of our wellness services. You will weave the Chinese medicine perspective into our educational offerings, collaborate with allopathic providers and deliver acupuncture services.
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a collaborative and integrative approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a practitioner is to help your clients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals, partnering with allopathic medical practitioners to achieve optimum health for all of your clients. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You have a deep understanding of women’s health “medical” diagnoses and can translate those into traditional Chinese Medicine and integrative medicine thinking
- You’re facile with technology and interested in using this technology to support high quality clinical care.
- Your are skilled at counseling patients on usage of herbs, supplements, meditation / mindfulness other appropriate lifestyle modifications
- You have the ability to maintain composure and calm while balancing load of up to 3 patients per hour and are adaptable in an ever changing start-up environment
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re a Licensed Acupuncturist in the state of California, with an unrestricted license
- Training and experience in Traditional Chinese Medicine and all that falls under the TCM scope; acupuncture, herbology, cupping, moxibustion
- In-network with any of the major health insurance payers or the ability to become and in network provider
- Working knowledge and understanding of herbal medicine, supplements and meditation practices to advance patient coaching, preferred
- Understand contraindications and/or pharmaceutical combinations to ensure safe compliance with herbal medicines and supplements, preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of complex female hormone milieu, preferred
- You understand and deliver on the documentation requirements of billing insurance
- You’re willing to work evenings + weekends as needed by schedule
- You’re authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills and assets:
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking practitioners with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Formal professional training or experience in the following areas is highly valued: care delivery for women who have experienced trauma including having a lived experience of abuse, decision making support for low-income women, care delivery for LGBTQ identified folks, care delivery for immigrant or migrant or english-as-a-second-language support populations.
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to immune system compromise and inflammatory response systems is a plus.
- Experience weaving integrative medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine into traditional allopathic medicine practices and experience working in collaborative settings is ideal.
Compensation Range in California: $58-$60/hr
Tia requires that Acupuncturists complete credentialing with specified payors and that you authorize Tia to complete this credentialing through our preferred vendors.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.