Athena & Platform Optimization- Contract
About Cayaba Care
Our mission is to improve outcomes in underserved communities by reimagining how maternity care is delivered. Our team is focused on building technology-enabled solutions to deliver holistic, home-based clinical and non-clinical maternity services.
To learn more about Cayaba Care, please visit www.cayabacare.com.
Job Title: Athena and Platform Optimization Contractor
Job Location: Remote
The US is one of the most dangerous developed countries in which to give birth and these poor maternal-fetal outcomes disproportionately impact minority women and underserved populations across major US cities.
Cayaba Care’s mission is to improve outcomes in communities by reimagining how maternity care is delivered. Our team is focused on building technology-enabled solutions to deliver clinical and non-clinical services in-home or in-office. The Cayaba Care care model focuses on integration not replacement of patients’ primary Obstetric provider and reducing any barriers to the patient receiving the recommended care.
About the job
The Platform Optimization Contractor collaborates on system development, new feature offerings, and improvements to the Athena EMR and other platforms. This role will use their EHR knowledge and enterprise experience to provide best practice configuration, new feature education/planning, technical support, and troubleshooting recommendations. They are instrumental in breaking silos and ensuring high-impact changes are communicated and processed through checks and balances. This role will also provide analytical insight to assist in strategic planning and decision-making for improvements and mitigation projects. They play an integral role in developing strategic initiatives & clinical programs to support the optimal use of the Athena EMR and other platforms. This role bridges several cross-functional teams including: Training, Coding, Implementation, Product Engineering, & Revenue Cycle Management.
Primary Job Duties:
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and configuration of athenaOne software applications
- Serves as an athenaClinicals subject matter expert in the use and customization of our Platform for the team and across other Cayaba Care departments.
- Provides best practice guidance, outlines requirements, managing multiple projects, and launching initiatives which primarily focus on improvements to the Platform.
- Educate, coach and train team members on planned updates to EHR functionality and features.
- This individual participates in technical planning and development to assist in the production of internal systems that are scalable, automated (where possible), well-documented and will train/coach others to maintain operations.
- Provide recommendations for possible process changes to help enhance current procedures in support of maximizing outcomes.
- Triage Platform issues/risks, creating and driving the execution of mitigation strategies for internal and external stakeholders in partnership with Athena Customer Success Management team.
- Define & develop processes required to support the rapid growth of the business and exploration of new model opportunities, helping to achieve patient satisfaction and retention.
- Has a consistent presence in forums for Platform Operations:
- To provide subject matter expertise, highlight processes, provide feedback, assistance with vetting ideas and assist in identifying areas of opportunity.
- Help to promote a clear understanding of platform needs, strategies and business goals to guide Voice of Customer & Future Roadmap/Heat Map planning.
- Provides coaching and guidance for team members also supporting these forums.
- Serves as Platform liaison for cross-functional teams including: Training, Coding, Implementation, Product Engineering, & Revenue Cycle Management.
- Interfaces with Athena Customer Success Management team to assist in maintaining partnership via monthly/weekly calls helping to identify and monitor opportunities, increase awareness of trends, and resolve any significant issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a professional environment
- Proven knowledge of Athena One EHR preferred
- Strong technical capabilities
- Solid experience leading user trainings
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledgeable of extended medical terminology
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations