Director, Care Coordination Strategy & Operations (Contact Center)
Tia is an innovative, venture-backed women’s healthcare company on a mission to reinvent women's healthcare. We are an interdisciplinary team of doctors, researchers, designers, and technologists creating the next generation women’s healthcare platform. Tia blends data-driven technology with a holistic, “multiple tools in the toolkit” care philosophy all unified under a big, bold, sex-positive, ethically female brand.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, this role will be responsible for shaping and executing the end to end strategy of Tia’s Care Coordination team ensuring high-quality service delivery and exceptional member experiences. This individual will lead the daily operations of our contact center teams focused on supporting inbound and outbound member needs, care plan scheduling and follow-up, inbox management, and issue resolution. The Care Coordination function also plays a critical role in ensuring the efficiency of our clinical providers, performing the administrative functions that enable them to focus on the clinical care of our members. This role will work cross functionally within Operations and across Tia to ensure a consistent and comprehensive framework exists that promotes high quality member touchpoints that support broader business initiatives.
Team Leadership: Build and manage a high-performing care coordination team, providing mentorship, guidance, and support to ensure a high quality member experience. Foster a positive and collaborative team culture that promotes open communication and idea-sharing, cross-functional collaboration, and professional growth.
Leading Care Coordination’s Strategy and Optimization Team:
- Strategic Planning: Develop the operational strategy and comprehensive plan to optimize and scale Tia’s Care Coordination team in alignment with Tia’s mission and objectives. Identify member and pre-member pain points, and work with cross-functional leaders to drive continuous service improvements to reduce complaints and grievances while increasing member satisfaction, growth, and retention.
- Operational Optimization: Execute the operational strategy designed to scale operations and optimize value. Develop and implement quality and utilization standards across care coordination to guarantee seamless care and delivery of services in alignment with organizational strategies. Integrate technology solutions that support Care Coordination and leverage data-driven insights to enhance performance efficiency and scalability.
Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work collaboratively with key stakeholders including product, clinical teams, and regional market teams to achieve quality of care standards and outcomes that align with organizational goals and objectives. Build and foster relationships across the organization.
Leading Care Coordination’s Shared Services Function:
- Quality Assurance and Training: Implement quality assurance processes to ensure consistent and exceptional member interactions. Develop and oversee training programs for contact center staff to enhance product knowledge and customer service skills.
- Performance Analysis and Labor Planning: Establish, analyze, and monitor performance metrics to ensure quality and identify opportunities for improvement of efficiency and impact. Ensure Care Coordination teams are properly staffed in order to hit performance metrics. Prepare regular reports for leadership that highlight key performance indicators, operational efficiencies, and actionable insights for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge Management: Create and maintain a knowledge repository of guides, processes, and best practices, using categories and metadata to make it easily accessible. Implement strategies and tools for sharing knowledge across the Care Coordination to improve the member experience and team efficiency. Build feedback loops to improve quality, training, and key performance metrics.
- Ownership: you crave ownership/responsibility and act like an owner at every step
- Strategic thinking: you are consistently able to connect dots and think multiple steps ahead, you keep an acute eye on the competitive landscape and deeply understand where we need to be going.
- Data-driven decision making: you love to try new things, proving them right and proving them wrong. You love numbers and digging into the data, but know when to zoom back out and how to see the forest through the trees.
- Team building: you love to design, build, and support high-performing teams that have a reputation for collaboration and excellence
- Cross-functional management: you thrive in cross-functional environments by delineating roles and responsibilities, over-communicating, listening deeply and asking questions
- Navigating ambiguity: you are able to create structure in ambiguity, and don’t let a lack of definition stop you from moving things forward, whether that’s a lack of complete data or an ever changing organization.
- Bias for action: you thrive in a fast paced environment and know when things need to move quickly vs. when to find the “perfect” solution
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / TARGET EXPERIENCE:
- 8-10 years of experience in contact center operations, including at least 4-6 years in a leadership role.
- Proven experience in leading and developing high-performing contact center operations, preferably within the healthcare industry.
- Proven experience building and scaling operations, preferably contact center operations and shared services.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex strategies that align with organization goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to leverage data insights to drive decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with contact center technologies, CRM systems, call routing software, and KM platforms.
- Commitment to member-centered care and exceptional member experiences.
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13" Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and members. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.